Author: ALJAZEERA

The killing of top Hamas officials in what is alleged to be an Israeli attack in Beirut on Tuesday resounded across the Middle East. Although hundreds of people are being killed every day for nearly three months now, the latest targeted killing sent shockwaves, opening old wounds and setting off fears of an escalation of the conflict. The victims of the surgical strike included senior Hamas leaders. The most prominent was Saleh al-Arouri, a former leader of the Qassam Brigades and member of the political bureau of Hamas who coordinated the group’s military and political activities outside the Gaza Strip, gathering…

Read More

Central Gaza Strip — Relentless Israeli bombardment in the Nuseirat refugee camp has forced hundreds of Palestinians to once again flee from the central Gaza Strip. Israeli attacks pounded the area on Tuesday, forcing residents to flee. Some left on foot and on donkey-pulled carts amid a lack of much-needed fuel. The streets were muddy and flooded after a night of heavy rain. Others stacked mattresses, blankets and other essentials on the top of small vehicles as they headed towards Deir el-Balah and Rafah. They said the Israeli army issued new evacuation orders as it continues to intensify attacks on…

Read More

Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah offers condolences to Hamas after the killing of its deputy leader Saleh al-Arouri.The head of Lebanon’s powerful armed group Hezbollah says the killing of the deputy chief of allied Palestinian faction Hamas in Beirut was “a major, dangerous crime about which we cannot be silent”. In a televised speech on Wednesday, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah blamed Israel for the attack and offered his condolences to Hamas for what he called a “flagrant Israeli aggression” that killed Saleh al-Arouri. Tuesday’s strike hit the southern Beirut suburb of Dahiyeh, a Hezbollah stronghold. Israeli army spokesman Daniel Hagari did not directly…

Read More

NewsFeed“Whoever considers going into war against us, will simply regret it.“ Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasrallah spoke out about the killing of Hamas deputy chief Saleh al-Arouri in a Beirut drone strike on Jan. 2, 2024, blamimg Israel for his death. Israel has not claimed responsibility for the strike, but remains on high alert for any retaliation from Hezbollah.Published On 3 Jan 20243 Jan 2024 Source link

Read More

On August 12, a family in the central Indian city of Bhopal took a selfie in their home. After the photo, the father, Bhupendra Vishwakarma, gave his two sons, eight and three years old, a poisoned drink, and he and his wife took their lives by hanging themselves. In his four-page suicide note, Vishwakarma, 35, who worked in an insurance firm, wrote that he was trapped in a cycle of debt from loan apps. Recovery agents had been tormenting him for months and the last message he received from them tipped him over the edge. It said, “Tell him to…

Read More

Chief Cabinet Secretary Hayashi Yoshimasa says three individuals believed to have participated in October 7 attacks.Japan has announced sanctions against three senior members of the Palestinian armed group Hamas. Tokyo will freeze assets belonging to the three individuals and impose sanctions on payments and capital transactions, Chief Cabinet Secretary Hayashi Yoshimasa said on Tuesday. The sanctioned individuals, who were not named, are believed to have been involved in Hamas’s October 7 attacks on Israel and be in a position to use funds to carry out similar attacks in future, Yoshimasa said. The move comes after Tokyo in October imposed sanctions…

Read More

The Houthis have argued that their attacks on ship linked to Israel are an act of solidarity with the Palestinians in Gaza.A group of countries led by the United States have warned Yemen’s Houthi rebels of “consequences” unless they stop their attacks on Red Sea shipping vessels. “Let our message now be clear: we call for the immediate end of these illegal attacks and release of unlawfully detained vessels and crews,” said the statement released by the White House on Wednesday. “The Houthis will bear the responsibility of the consequences should they continue to threaten lives, the global economy and…

Read More

Deal with US chipmaker is ‘largest investment ever’ in Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says.Israel’s government has agreed to give Intel Corp a $3.2bn grant for a new $25bn chip plant it plans to build in southern Israel, both sides have said. The news on Tuesday comes as Israel remains locked in an intense war on the Gaza Strip, which has killed close to 21,000 Palestinians since October 7, and ushered global calls to boycott Israel and companies that benefit from its occupation of Palestinian lands. Israel’s deal with Intel is a big show of support by a major US…

Read More