Thomas Frank says Brentford have not received any offers for the striker ahead of his return next month.
Arsenal have been heavily linked with a January move for Toni, who is coming to the end of an eight-month ban for breaching gambling rules. Brentford play their final Premier League game without Toney at Crystal Palace on Saturday, with the 27-year-old set to return against Nottingham Forest on January 20.
Arsenal’s need for a striker was evident after they squandered a number of chances in a 2-0 home loss to West Ham United on Thursday night. Frank said of the possibility of Toni moving to the Emirates Stadium: “I don’t know. You have to ask Arsenal. As far as I know, Ivan is a Brentford player. There is no bid. I want to keep him, He’s looking forward to playing for us as well.”
With the Bees on a four-game losing streak, Frank is in no mood to generate any interest in his star player.
“Bringing Ivan back is like signing an incredibly good striker who has proven himself in the Premier League,” the Brentford boss said.
“We’re certainly looking forward to it. Ivan is training well on and off the field and looking forward to eventually contributing to the team. I see at least the same determination and willpower to want to train well and be ready to play – — Maybe a little more about wanting to come back and be at the best. That’s good, just positive.
“Do I want to keep him? Desperate is a big word. I really, really want to keep him. I’m a head coach. I want my best players to be with me all the time. So from From my point of view, I don’t want to sell him. That’s me because he’s so good. Last year, there were three players who scored over 20 goals in the Premier League and he was one of them.
Newsletter Promotion Post
“He is an important player for us and we are enjoying his performance every day and looking forward to when we can use him.”